Introduction
I had to make an advert for KFC which was my teams chosen brand to do the advertising campaign on, the first advert we had to do each was a print advert then we had to make a radio advert each as well but on the TV advert we had to work together to make it.
Print advert
For this ad I looked at original KFC print ad's and got some ideas from it, I found one to get some inspiration from, firstly I photoshopped the white background off a KFC logo with the slogan, then when I finished doing that I saved it as a jpeg and inserted it on the background that I chose on Powerpoint then I looked for hot wings that looks the closest to KFC hot wings which is the product I'm advertising then I used the same steps that I used with how I photoshopped the logo.
I think that the finished product looks pretty nice in my opinion ad I'm proud of how it tuned out as and I think that it looks very presentable and I've asked my friends what they think of it and they said that it really did look like an original KFC ad.
I think that the advert that I've made is suitable for the target audience because I think that it clear it clearly shows what I'm advertising and the name of the company, I also think that the colours that I've used goes very well with product because it shows the meaning of hotness or spiciness because it looks fiery.
I've only really used one technique in my advert which is 'Exaggeration' and I used it on the little quote I made up on the bottom left which says "So good, you won't realise your mouth is on fire" and I'd say it was pretty effective.
If I was to do this again I would probably try and not clear every white bit on the KFC logo like the lower half which he now looks a bit like Ronald McDonald.
Radio advert
I tried researching on KFC radio adverts but all I could find was a Halloween special radio advert from them but other than that I couldn't find any other ones to get some ideas from, but then I looked at some TV adverts and thought that they're basically radio ads. I used Reaper (x64), in the advert I used some parts of the song called 'Hot in herre' after I cut and edited bits of it I added a flame thrower and flame sound effect then I recorded one of the member of my group reading the script I made.
I think that I did pretty well with editing and stuff, but there are things that I could improve, I had some trouble because I was new to it but I got the hang of it ad I finished it on time. I think that it is suitable for the target audience because I it starts pretty well with the song then the music stops and the flame thrower and flame sound effects come in when the talking starts.
I don't know if it counts as flame thrower and the flame in the background is a type of exaggeration but I think that's the only ad technique I've used in it.
If I was to the radio ad again (not that I would) I would take a lot more time editing it and thinking things through to make it sound better and also to have more courage to do the voice over myself so that i could get the results that I really want.
TV advert
Me and my Group didn't really research anything about the TV advert because we came with our own idea. Firstly we had to create a 12 picture story board on paper then of course we had to create a little script for it then we planned where we would film it after we had picked a spot we went and borrowed a camera then we started filming, we filmed the advert just outside of college where it was bright and natural, we tried finishing it all at once and we did, but as our camera man was editing the video together he told us that he wasn't happy about it and we ad to film it again and we finished our second try in one go as well, for editing the video our camera man who is also a part of our group used Adobe Premier.
I haven't really seen the finished product of our advert so util then all I can talk about is what we did before editing.
Print advert
For this ad I looked at original KFC print ad's and got some ideas from it, I found one to get some inspiration from, firstly I photoshopped the white background off a KFC logo with the slogan, then when I finished doing that I saved it as a jpeg and inserted it on the background that I chose on Powerpoint then I looked for hot wings that looks the closest to KFC hot wings which is the product I'm advertising then I used the same steps that I used with how I photoshopped the logo.
this is the KFC print ad that I took my idea from
and this is my KFC print ad
I think that the advert that I've made is suitable for the target audience because I think that it clear it clearly shows what I'm advertising and the name of the company, I also think that the colours that I've used goes very well with product because it shows the meaning of hotness or spiciness because it looks fiery.
I've only really used one technique in my advert which is 'Exaggeration' and I used it on the little quote I made up on the bottom left which says "So good, you won't realise your mouth is on fire" and I'd say it was pretty effective.
If I was to do this again I would probably try and not clear every white bit on the KFC logo like the lower half which he now looks a bit like Ronald McDonald.
Radio advert
I tried researching on KFC radio adverts but all I could find was a Halloween special radio advert from them but other than that I couldn't find any other ones to get some ideas from, but then I looked at some TV adverts and thought that they're basically radio ads. I used Reaper (x64), in the advert I used some parts of the song called 'Hot in herre' after I cut and edited bits of it I added a flame thrower and flame sound effect then I recorded one of the member of my group reading the script I made.
I think that I did pretty well with editing and stuff, but there are things that I could improve, I had some trouble because I was new to it but I got the hang of it ad I finished it on time. I think that it is suitable for the target audience because I it starts pretty well with the song then the music stops and the flame thrower and flame sound effects come in when the talking starts.
I don't know if it counts as flame thrower and the flame in the background is a type of exaggeration but I think that's the only ad technique I've used in it.
If I was to the radio ad again (not that I would) I would take a lot more time editing it and thinking things through to make it sound better and also to have more courage to do the voice over myself so that i could get the results that I really want.
TV advert
Me and my Group didn't really research anything about the TV advert because we came with our own idea. Firstly we had to create a 12 picture story board on paper then of course we had to create a little script for it then we planned where we would film it after we had picked a spot we went and borrowed a camera then we started filming, we filmed the advert just outside of college where it was bright and natural, we tried finishing it all at once and we did, but as our camera man was editing the video together he told us that he wasn't happy about it and we ad to film it again and we finished our second try in one go as well, for editing the video our camera man who is also a part of our group used Adobe Premier.
I haven't really seen the finished product of our advert so util then all I can talk about is what we did before editing.


No comments:
Post a Comment